- Forgotten Detroit: like “Built Saint Louis”, a site documenting the neglected landmarks of a city drained of much of its population and wealth.
- O’Boyle Photo: sites mostly in New York and Pennsylvania (the locations are not given, but in some cases they can be inferred).
- Abandoned Places: urban ruins in Europe and the US. Click through the unfortunate Flash-based interface to see the results of some amazing expeditions.
- Lost Places: abandoned buildings, houses, roads, cemeteries. A festival of decrepitude. [Added 22 Dec 04]
- Visit to an Abandoned Missile Silo: asbestos, kerosene, rust, graffiti, and concrete. Lots of concrete. [Added 22 Dec 04]
Cities in Ruins
Catarina Dutilh Novaes’ item on literature and on what, thanks to her and to Helen de Cruz, I now know to call “moral…
(See Mohan Matthen, “ The sense of time passed”, at NewAPPS.) Is there a primitive feeling of duration? There are bodily feelings which…
I know: “Dog Bites Man”. But I think it’s symptomatic. Source: Pierre D aguin, Traité élémentaire de physique ( 41879) 4:17 In The…